Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Does a Flowmaster Super 44 affect the result of a smog check?

I drive a 2000 Dodge Durango 5.2L V-8 Magnum. I'm thinking about installing a Super 44 I was wondering if the installation of the muffler would effect the outcome of a smog check. Thanks|||no it won't change anything except the sound of your vehicle, as long as you don't mess with the catalyic converter you will be fine.|||It will not effect the outcome of a smog check. My dad has dual Flowmaster Super 44's on a 1997 Chevy Silverado (p.s: they sound GREAT!) and it has never failed a smog test. Also, have you thought about a glasspack? That what I have on my truck, and to me they sound better that the Super 44's and they are much louder. Just a suggestion.


Hope this helps!|||The results will not make any difference from the Catalytic


Converter back.. Just the sound level, which if too loud, will cause you


problems, but I don't believe a Super 44 will be too loud.





Good Luck to you.|||Anything you change on the emission system will affect the smog check. If the muffler affects the back pressure it will affect the computer etc%26gt;|||It wont do anything but sound better as long as you don't mess with anything else in the exhaust system.

No comments:

Post a Comment