Tuesday, December 20, 2011

What approx MPG increase will I experience if I install a Flowmaster muffler?

50 series Flowmaster muffler to a 2003 Toyota Sequoia|||I've seen a lot of shows on spike, and I got a Magna Flow for my Dodge Ram. It didn't give me any increase but the show says some can give 2-3mpg increase. They're more for aesthetics.|||About zero.|||zero increase, all a muffler does is control noise.|||MPG increase?... Non, nada - zip!..... The only performance increase you may notice is when the gas pedal in on the floor at a full throttle increase in speed.... But for regular driving it would be nothing....





If you want a little better fuel economy then do what I did, lower the vehicles weight.... I keep the fuel tank at 1/2... Gas weighs about 7 pounds per gallon so less gas equals less weight.... I removed the spare tire and jack.... A family member is never far away and they know where my jack and spare tire in the garage is.... Also - Remove tool boxes, sub-woofers and high power stereo gear, remove last weeks laundry, 1/2 filled water bottles, etc....





Also if you don't use the roof racks then remove them.... If there is a front crash / brush guard then pull it and remove any unused trailer hitch.... If you have step side rails then remove them also....





Keep your tire pressure at the correct pressure also.... Remember the laws of physics... if its lighter it will require less horsepower to move it.....|||This is one of those "it feels faster" increases where in reality it does nothing (like an intake on most n/a 4 cylinders).





There will be no increase in fuel mileage unless it reduces the backpressure (even then minimal). On cars with catalytic converters...this will never be the case (unless it's a "high flow" cat).





I have shady claims too! If you install a wood grain shift knob in any car it increases your shift time by 4 seconds. Works on automatics too! Being shady and shifty (hey it's a pun) never felt so good! It's called puffing in advertisement...like those dynos k%26amp;n displays proudly...results may vary!

No comments:

Post a Comment