Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Is is worth the effort to put a Flowmaster on a V6 Ford Explorer?

I don't want to waste my time or money if it won't sound good. I know how good a flowmaster sounds on a V8 but I'm not sure about a V6? Wishful thinking? Also, about how much will it cost? Will it effect the performance of my Explorer?|||Flowmaster mufflers and most aftermarket brands always improve airflow exiting the engine. Better air flow out = improved fuel economy and increased horsepower. The exhaust noise will be higher than what you are accustomed to, but some people like that. I'd also add a K %26amp; N air filter for the intake to aid in better engine breathing.|||yes.|||they sort of sound like a mad bumble bee with flow master,s on them,,but they do run a little better,,some people like that sound,,but it is,nt gonna sound like a v-8,,if your just doing it for the sound,,try and find one that has these pipes on it,,and then decide,,before you spend the money,,it is a pretty good investment to make,,and then turn out not to like it,,my neighbor has a Chevy Tahoe,,v-6 Worth flow master,s on it,,I'm just now getting used to the sound,,and as for him,,he regret,s having it done,,but use your own judgment,after all it,s your money,,spend it as you want to,,just be sure and get your money,s worth,,hope this helps some,|||I did on my '96 explorer sport. 2 chamber exhaust, it sounded awesome. compare to the stock muffler which was like 4 ft. long. More freeflowing more hp.|||Put it on and you just keep revvvv..ing them up....because they sound good. Alright they do sound good and all, but don't you really think that milage is more important now with the price of fuel and all.%26gt;%26gt;%26gt;? Its a fair statement and a valid question. All I'm saying is to think about it, seriously!|||Not really worth the effort or expense. And they aren't really that cool. They do flow well but are loud. By the way, loud is not a


quick ET, it's not a high top end, it's not power, it's not trorque.


Loud is just that. Loud. Who wants loud? The gain in mileage


and performance will barely be measurable.

No comments:

Post a Comment