Saturday, December 24, 2011

Why would quietest flowmaster muffler cause loud resonance in my Chevy Truck?

I have a 2007 Chevy Silverado crew cab new style, and I installed a 70 series flowmaster muffler for better fuel economy and performance. I didn't see the fuel economy, but I did see the performance side, however, even with the quietest muffler they offer, there is a resonance like an echo chamber in the truck that will give a headache between 1500 and 2300 RPM's---the range the truck is used mostly in. No other vehicles I have done this to have had this problem, even an Astro Van.


Any idea's as to why?|||It might be be cause you are not using the stock muffler any more. Like on a Mustang, the stock mufflers are slightly different sized to not resonate. But the Flowmasters are the same size. The difference between the factory and Flowmaster might be the cause.|||becouse it is under the cab and not under the bed area of earlier trucks.

No comments:

Post a Comment