Saturday, December 24, 2011

How can i install a flowmaster exhaust system at home in1999 dodge ram 2500 4x4?

ive changed the oil in my mom van at 13 thats all ive done be before.... my exhaust rot out from the cats it used to have flowmasters.. how can i install it in my yard with out welding|||use clamps on it if you have enough pipe left to clamp to ,welding is a better option if you want to get it on air tight and have no leaks in them but the clamps will do the job also,go back over it after a few hundred miles and re-tighten them up again and it shouldn't have any exhaust leaks,good luck.|||clamps on everything. the factory exhaust had clamps also|||all you really have to do is the reverse of taking off the old one. use new clamps and brackets. make sure that you purchase one that is designed for that year make and model. unfortunately it might be necessary to weld. i had to weld my flowmasters on my firebird, the factory clamps didn't go tight enough ,after two days one side of my exhaust fell down one day. it was a good thing i was 20 feet out of my driveway.

No comments:

Post a Comment