Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Will a Flowmaster cause my truck to fail smog?

I drive a 1992 Dodge Dakota, with a V6. I live in California, and the last time I smogged my truck it just barely passed. I mean barely, like one part per million below the limit in one of the categories, for example. Next time my truck is in the shop I want to slap a Flowmaster on it, but if it causes it to fail, it will be a problem.|||No it won't cause it to fail. Modifications to the exhaust past the catalytic converter and the Oxygen sensor won't affect emissions. However, something may be wrong with your truck if it's so close to failing the emissions test. |||YES IT WILL. GET A MAGNAFLOW.


|||That depends on what all you do.





If you just put a new muffler on there, it will nothing to the emissions (except maybe sound emissions). As long as you don't mess with the catalytic converter, you shouldn't run into any issues as far as emissions.|||Changing the muffler will not affect emissions. Let me tell you a little secret. There is a product called GTP (guaranteed to pass) thats sold at Advanace, Autozone, etc. I used it once on a old (1979) Jeep that had like no smog stuff on it and passed the Ohio emissions test! This stuff fools the emissions equipment and it's only like 20.00 good luck

No comments:

Post a Comment