Friday, December 16, 2011

How to put in a flowmaster for 65 mustang V8?

I have a blue 289 cubic inch v-8. I am planning on to buy one but I don't know how to actually put one of the mufflers in. Help please.|||I doubt if anything is left of the original exhaust system, so you will have to evaluate what you have and go from there...since the original had a single traverse muffler, most copy the GT dual system or the Shelby with front exits..|||The original exhaust was clamped together, not welded. You can either pull it apart, or if its rusted cut it.





The whole exhaust system can be replaced with a bolt in replica that flows better, or you can have a aftermarket kit installed. The Standard V-8 has a single muffler and it bolts in the back by the gas tank. There is already holes for other exhaust setups on the rear frame rails, in front of the rear tires.|||Right after I bought my '65 coupe I converted it to dual exhaust. It's fairly easy since back then you didn't have cats or resonators in the system to deal with. The whole system was clamped together. The only thing that took some creativity was the position of the hangers.

No comments:

Post a Comment