Saturday, December 10, 2011

FLOWMASTER? How do I know what kind of cat converter I have on the used car I just bought?

It is a 1996 Dodge Ram 1500, and when I looked under the car and saw the cat converter, it said "Flowmaster" on it. Is this stock, and if it is an aftermarket part, how do I know what it is, like what kind of flowmaster it is?|||Flowmaster does not make a cat converter, you are looking at the muffler, if you get the numbers off the muffler you can look them up on flowmasters web site and it will tell you what series the muffler you have. The numbers will be on the front or end of the muffler.|||my guess is that the converter was removed and an aftermarket resonator/ muffler was installed in its place . you can pull down the pipes and check for a monolith or honeycomb cat the later will look like a honeycomb on the inside of the converter

No comments:

Post a Comment