Saturday, December 10, 2011

I have a 2000 Ford Mustang with Flowmaster 40's. I want to remove cats cuz I heard a ten year law requires non?

I have a 2000 Ford Mustang with Flowmaster 40's. I want to remove cats cuz I heard a ten year law requires non emissions tests at inspection. I'm in MA.|||If you live in a heavily regulated area.......then no......if you live in rural South Dakota like me......then no still because it'll sound like ***....if you have a 6er like I think then the cats actually make the exhaust note a little deeper, which is a good thing because fart-can exhaust = bad!|||There is also a Federal law governing the removal of a catalytic converter, give a hoot and don't pollute, that is what it is there for, so we can all breathe easier.





Plus the fine is either $5K or $10K per violation, in case you have 2 that you want to remove.





I never liked the sound from flowmasters on cars without cats, sounds more like a ski boat in the water than a car.





Sleeper is where it's at in MHO.





They keep talking about remote sensing, then what are you gonna do?


They will read your VIN elecronically, record the emissions and you will get a ticket in the mail without ever knowing that it even happened.|||do not remove the cats. just remove the guts. sell the guts at the junk yard and make money. replace them on the ride.[FED law happy] and you will not have the tinny sound. every one is happy and you have money in your Pocket|||I think you must have misunderstood the 10 year law.... It means you will probably get 10 years if you don;t have cats, or try to remove them.|||You can get high flow cats with sensors. That way it don't throw a warning and be will still be in emissions compliance. Your are not allowed by law to remove a functioning cats though.

No comments:

Post a Comment