Saturday, December 10, 2011

Will replacing the stock muffler with a Flowmaster void my warranty?

I bought a 2005 Ram 1500 with the 5.7L Hemi and I got a bumper to bumper warranty through Chrysler that is good until I hit 85,000 miles. I want to replace the factory muffler with a Flowmaster 50-Series Delta Flow and I want to know if it will void the warranty. I won't be touching the catalytic converter(s) or any emissions stuff, just the muffler. Thanks for any help.|||no the Magnusen act says that you can replace any part and its up to the manufacturer to prove the changed part actually caused the failure. With a muffler its extremely unlikely with the fact that the dealer actually offer a "catback" exhaust|||as long as you don't mess with the converter on it ,it wont affect the warranty none at all on it,the only time i have ever seen a dealer deny service was when a customer had cut in to the pipe above the converter,other than that you can add what ever exhaust you want to on that truck,most people go out right after buying one and change the exhaust on them,good luck with it.|||No, an aftermarket exhaust system will not void warranty.|||nope. anything cat back is fine.|||Nope, it's okay to use.

No comments:

Post a Comment