Friday, December 16, 2011

What flowmaster 40 series do I order?

I have a 2003 dodge dakota 2wd reg. cab shortbox. I want to replace the stock muffler with a flowmaster 40 series. What are the specs. of the one I have to buy? Will I have to mod my existing exhaust or will the flowmaster slip right on if fitted for my truck?|||Who is going to install the muffler? Most shops can sell your muffler for the same price you can buy it else where or cheaper. Any decent shop will have several 40 series Flowmasters in stock. The shop that has put Flowmasters on all of my trucks only charges $10 more to install it then I can buy it for any where else. Also all they do is Cut off your muffler and put the new one on. in your case the stock muffler is longer than a 40 series so the muffler shop will have to add a little pipe to it to make it work.





My latest truck with 40's on it is an 84 S-10 with an 86 Vette TPI 350.


I put turndowns right behind the 40's and they sound great!!





I hope this is the best answer.|||sorry to tell ya man but i have a dakota sport. i replaced the stock muffler with a flowmaster 40 series. it sounded great but it had a really bad and loud drone. so i took off the catalytic converter (shhh dont tell the cops) and it still had a bad and even louder drone. i was told to replace it with a turbo muffler. i put a thrush turbo on and it still had a little bit of a drone. i was then told to run the exhaust out from under the truck out the back or side. i did so and that took away the drone. with the flowmast 40 i always had the drone even when the exhaust ran out the back. my friend had a flowmaster 40 on his f150 and it did the same thing. he replaced it with a thrush turbo and it went away. sorry to say it man. but thrush sounds great if u run it without a cat. converter. only problem with that is no shop will put a muffler on with out a cat. converter due to laws. but i did it myself. so i know u can do it too. and with a turbo muffler the exhaust runs not too loud unless u let the engine all out then it roars. make sure u get a slip on muffler and run it out the back or side. u can by flexible exhaust pipe for bout 5-15 bucks based on length... hope this helped

No comments:

Post a Comment